Re: Countdown to the 4th!!

  • thegreatthirdrail
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009
      For those in the area on the 3rd...

      The Fox River Trolley Museum will be having it's annual re-enactment of the CA&E's abandonment of services. Visitors will ride CA&E interurbans to the end of the museum's line, where they will be "abandoned" at the end of service, and have to be rescued by trains from other companies.

      As part of this year's activities, I have been asked to exhibit my traveling model/memorabilia display, "Interurbans of the Fox Valley".
      This display includes memorabilia and models (several in 1/2" scale) of the Aurora Elgin & Fox River Electric, and the Chicago Aurora & Elgin.

      The display is free, rides are a minimal charge.

      Display will be set-up and the museum open from 11 AM - 5 PM
    • Bob Kutella
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009
        I hate long range weather forecasts. I consider them in the same class as conjuring, palm reading, and crystal ball gazing.

        Nevertheless, the current forecast for Friday and Saturday is promising. Temps in the range of 78F to 83 F and no rain. At least not the 95-100 killer heat of some previous meets. Those high temps were in the shade, and there was no shade!

        Hope to see you there.

        Bob Kutella
      • Bryan Anderson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009
          --Seems like nearly every time I hae ever gone there is a big thunderstorm...followed by oppressive heat and humididty. This looks really promising.
          Bryan Anderson