Fwd: [Birney_Cars] half size Birney

  • Jan Girardot
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2002
      Fwd: [Birney_Cars] half size Birney

      Talk about your largescale trolleys! (Cross-posted from Birney_Cars@yahoogroups.com)
      . . . Jan

      From: "WALTER Bennett" <wgbtttco@...>

      You may recall me mentioning that a fellow that used to live in Melbourne (And drive trams) named Richard Youle,  built himself a half size 2 ft gauge Birney car which you could ride in and drive just like the real thing.
      This was pretty well covered in ;       TramsDownUnder@yahoogroups.com  a while back.

      Richard and his friend Barry,  ran the car on a line built at Toolern Vale to the West of Melbourne until he moved up to Queensland, taking the car with him.
      Pic shows WGB about to have a drive.

      WGB
    • Bill Bolton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2002
        On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:42:57 -0600, you wrote:

        > named Richard Youle, built himself a half size 2 ft
        > gauge Birney car

        Richard told me it was a quarter full size when he first built it!

        Cheers,

        Bill

        Bill Bolton
        Sydney, Australia