Last Call

  • Bob Kutella
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
      During our upcoming LST meet on Saturday July 5, at about noon, an
      added attraction will be the dedication of Chicago Aurora & Elgin 309
      built by the Hicks Car Works in 1908, and restored by the father son
      IRM team of Randall and Frank Hicks (no relation to the builders).

      Anyone planning to come out, enjoy the summer weather, see the
      restored wood interurban, and ride it that afternoon, please e mail
      off list. If you have already indicated you will attend, no further
      notes are needed. Final shopping for the lunchtime cookout (LST
      attendees and guests only) will be tomorrow. Several spouses (railroad
      widows) are joining us for a laid back afternoon of enjoyment, so
      remember, family members are welcome.

      Don't be left out!

      Bob Kutella
    • Ric Golding
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008

        Bob and All,

        We certainly enjoyed your hospitality last year and know this year will be just as good or better.  To those that are on the fence about attending, GO.  You’ll have a great time and learn a lot.  The Holiday weekend certainly is a busy time for us and it is difficult to get away to do fun things like this, so I must send regrets.  I’m sure you guys will have a memorable event and I hope to see reports of the fun.

        Smooth Sailing,

        Ric Golding

        Kaskaskia Valley Railway

        Harbormaster/Manager