Today in RR History

  • Mark Tomlonson
    Message 1 of 51 , Apr 29 11:07 AM
      April 29, 1851 The first electric railroad car in history runs from Washington DC to
      Bladensburg round-trip. The experimental battery-powered car uses a solenoid as an analog
      to a piston and drive rod. Because of a poor suspension, the car is plagued with a rough ride
      and electrical shorts.

      Mark Tomlonson
    • Mike Brown
      Message 51 of 51 , Jun 22, 2012
        Christof

        I started that as a means to get more storage for photos as Yahoo were so mean on the amount available, unfortunately nobody was interested in it so I abandoned it.

        Mike

        On 22 Jun 2012, at 18:02, Jan Girardot wrote:

        On 6/22/12 8:32 AM, Christof Henseler wrote:

        Jan,

        I'm afraid you didn't read my message well. I didn't speak about the largescaleTrolley yahoogroup.
        If I look at the start page of http://largescaletrolley.freeforums.org.cn/
        I think it is a wonderful offer, but it was founded in mid 2010 and the last two postings were in January 2011 and mine yesterday.
        I feel it's a pity.

        Yours sincerely,

        Ah, so you were referring to a forum that "spun off" from our Yahoo Group, back in 2010. I think it had to do with of photos: anyone else remember?

        . . . Jan