Hoosier Traction Meet

  • Jan Girardot
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
      Hoosier Traction Meet
      The "official" invitation to the 24th Annual Hoosier Traction Meet just arrived in the
      U. S. Mail. It will take place on Sept. 7-8, '07 at the Clarion Hotel Waterfront Plaza
      in Indianapolis.

      Here are some of the topics and speakers scheduled to appear:
      • The Great Third Rail-Fifty Years Later, with Wm. Shapotkin
      • Current Events in electric railways, with George Smerk
      • Cleveland Union Terminal and Shaker Rapid, with Blaine Hays
      • The East Troy Line, with Richard Aaron
      • When the Steam Railroads of Michigan Electrified, with Kenn. Schramm and Dick Andrews
      • The Harmony Route and Butler Short Line, with Wm. Fronczek
      • Cleveland Southwestern, Northern Ohio Power & Light, Columbus, Delaware & Marion, with Earl Clark.

      I'll make the Invitation available to you-all, in PDF form, so just email me.

      Hope to see you in Hoosierland!

      . . . Jan
    • Craig Gleason

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
          Re: [largescaleTrolley] Hoosier Traction Meet
          At 5:24 AM -0700 7/3/07, Craig Gleason wrote:
          I have always wanted to go but have never been.  Is there a time when things are for sale?
           Yes, indeedy: the Swap Meet room opens at 1 p.m. on Friday and continues until 4:30 on Saturday.
          . . . Jan
        • Peter Weiglin
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
            Oh yes; there's a large room with traders and vendors having stuff (models, parts, books,
            photos, memorabilia) for sale. Some activity Friday; much activity Saturday.

            Peter Weiglin
            Amelia, OH

            = = =