Re: Lake Shore Electric 404 - model started

  • Bryan Anderson
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2007
      Nice start Chris!
      Look forward to additional updates. To look further down the track,
      what are your thoughts on trucks and power. Are you anticipating
      using magic carpets or a power block? Are you scratching the trucks
      or adapting something off the shelf? I like what you have done thus
      far. Look forward to seeing the snowplow on it.
      Bryan Anderson
    • Chris Mears
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
        Hi Bryan. Great questions. I have 4 out of the 6 walls for the cab
        done now and have starting "raising them". The cab is starting to take
        shape and I am getting really excited. I need to start thinking about
        trucks very soon. I used to service LGB and Aristo trains, and recall
        what their motor blocks looked like and have thought about them, no
        decision yet. As it stands right now, I am planning on scratching the
        trucks, or attempting to modify a set of trucks by adding motors. Any
        thoughts. The trucks on the prototype would be easy to copy, and I am
        looking forward to building up the sideframes.

        Driving in to work this morning I was thinking about the plow. On the
        drawings and in the pictures, it sure looks like the plow was moveable,
        I think it would be neat and possible to do the same on the model.

        Anyway, back to work (it's where I am right now)
        Chris

        --- In largescaleTrolley@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Anderson" <bryana@...>
        wrote:

        > Nice start Chris!
        > Look forward to additional updates. To look further down the track,
        > what are your thoughts on trucks and power. Are you anticipating
        > using magic carpets or a power block? Are you scratching the trucks
        > or adapting something off the shelf? I like what you have done thus
        > far. Look forward to seeing the snowplow on it.
        > Bryan Anderson

      • Forrest Wood
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
          Hey Chris;

          Northwest Short Line's "Magic Carpet" axle-hung drive?

          http://www.nwsl.com/

          later,
          Forrest

          --- In largescaleTrolley@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Mears"