Re: Plans in FILES

  • Martin K. Van Horn
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2007
      The offending plan has been removed, even though I was going by MODEL
      RAILROADER's own statement printed on the plan that it could be
      reproduced for "Non-Commercial" purposes. I guarantee that I didn't,
      and wouldn't, make a penny from posting said plan.

      Martin Van Horn
      Towson, Maryland

      --- In largescaleTrolley@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Weiglin"
      <railstuf@...> wrote:

      > Martin K. Van Horn wrote:
      > >
      > > I have uploaded a plan for the standard CERA boxcar that appeared
      in
      > > MODEL RAILROADER in 1946.
      >
      > = = =
      >
      > I presume that not everyone is yet aware that plans published in
      > magazines like Model Railroader, Railroad Model Craftsman or Trolley
      > Talk are copyrighted and should not be posted without written
      > permission from the publisher. Many web sites are having to remove
      > copyrighted material, based on court cases brought by the
      publishers.

      > The provision that "You may make copies for non-commercial use only"
      > apply to copies made for personal use, such as while building a
      model.
      > But widescale publication by posting will cause problems.
      >
      > Unfortunately, any material published after 1923 is copyrighted.
      The