scale drawings

  • hypoidoil8090
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2 9:53 PM
      im a fine scale modler and new to trolley modeling comming from on3 &
      gn42I like the prospects of a diarama featuring stretcars and
      people.Im searching for info on the St Louis and ottawa built cars any
      info would be appretiated. RAY
    • Bob Kutella
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3 2:18 AM
        --- In largescaleTrolley@yahoogroups.com, "hypoidoil8090"
        <hypoidoil8090@...> wrote:

        > im a fine scale modler and new to trolley modeling comming from on3 &
        > gn42I like the prospects of a diarama featuring stretcars and
        > people.Im searching for info on the St Louis and ottawa built cars any
        > info would be appretiated. RAY

        Probably we need more info than just St. Louis built cars. There are
        many cars preserved in Museums from that manufacturer, and I believe
        Washington University in the St. Louis area has drawings in some great
        detail of many if not most St Louis built cars. The records of that
        car company were donated to the school and with some effort copies can
        be obtained.

        In my case, I also enjoy modeling to a high degree of accuracy and
        have some preliminary work done on a 1:24 ratio model. One compromise
        I am making is to use 2.5 inch gauge track since some components are
        available to that and a fair selection of detail parts in 1:24. Some
        in the past which I have stockpiled and several castings currently
        offered. (Yes, 2.5 inch gauge scales out to 5 feet prototype gauge
        which is close to many east coast properties, and will have to be
        close enough for me, rather than a standard gauge car on meter gauge
        track.)

        Let us know your specific interests and perhaps someone can suggest
        sources.

        Bob Kutella
      • Peter J ROBINSON
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3 2:32 AM
          Hi Bob,

          At 1:24 scale, Gauge 1 track at 1.75 inches (45mm) is perfect for 3 ft 6in gauge prototypes. Two interesting systems in USA that come to mind at the moment are Los Angeles and Portland.

          In Australia, we have the magnificent Brill derived full size cars running on 4 ft gauge trucks with the wheels spaced for 3ft 6in track!

          Best regards,

          Peter Robinson

          <hypoidoil8090@...> wrote:

          > im a fine scale modler and new to trolley modeling comming from on3 &
          > gn42I like the prospects of a diarama featuring stretcars and
          > people.Im searching for info on the St Louis and ottawa built cars any
          > info would be appretiated. RAY

          Probably we need more info than just St. Louis built cars. There are
          many cars preserved in Museums from that manufacturer, and I believe
          Washington University in the St. Louis area has drawings in some great
          detail of many if not most St Louis built cars. The records of that
          car company were donated to the school and with some effort copies can
          be obtained.

          In my case, I also enjoy modeling to a high degree of accuracy and
          have some preliminary work done on a 1:24 ratio model. One compromise
          I am making is to use 2.5 inch gauge track since some components are
          available to that and a fair selection of detail parts in 1:24. Some
          in the past which I have stockpiled and several castings currently
          offered. (Yes, 2.5 inch gauge scales out to 5 feet prototype gauge
          which is close to many east coast properties, and will have to be
          close enough for me, rather than a standard gauge car on meter gauge
          track.)

          Let us know your specific interests and perhaps someone can suggest
          sources.

          Bob Kutella
        • Gordon Davis

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3 5:53 AM

              Ray,

               I have plans for the St. Louis cars that were sold to the BCER 1300 series.

                          Ray

              The Webster's

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 3 12:27 PM
                Just to quickly add to your list of great 42" gauge
                prototypes I want to add the line in St.John's
                (Newfoundland). All Birney car operated including
                some neat sweepers.

                Are you looking for some specifically 1:24/1:25 scale
                plans. I haven't seen too many published directly
                into this scale but I have a number of plans in the
                smaller scales which I could reproduce larger...

                Chris

                http://mail.yahoo.com