Re: [largescaleTrolley] New Member

  • doug-langdon@att.net
    Message 1 of 63 , Mar 1, 2002
      Joe,
      The NMRA Bulletin ran a lot of articles on 1/2" trolley
      modeling back in the early 70's. Articles included RTV
      cast parts, axle hung motors for power trucks, overhead
      construction, etc.
      They even had a "modular" system to let fellow modelers
      set up outdoors.

      doug
    • trolleycar68
      Message 63 of 63 , Nov 16, 2010
        --- In largescaleTrolley@yahoogroups.com, "Harold Huber" <sarge9@...> wrote:

        > Bob,
        > I too worried about that, but Northwest Shortline has wheels, motors, and power trucks. http://www.nwsl.com look at the motors/ power truck selection.

        Quick reply, Harold! I am doing a model in 1:24 and the prototype has 24 inch wheels in a short wheelbase truck using Cincinnati archbar sideframes. No motor blocks I have seen will work for that and the mysteries of scratchbuilding power trucks from components still elude me. I will take another look at the NWSL website for 1 inch real diameter wheels to see what is out there, hopefully on axles for 2.5 inch gauge trackwork.

        Bob Kutella