LGB Trams

  • Troy Betts
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 6:14 AM
      Hello everyone.My father has a question about the LGB trams.
      He has the New York and the New Orleans cars (one of which has sound,I
      can't remember which)
      The problem is that they only seem to pick up power from two wheels on
      each bogie! The problem came to light when he began to clean the
      wheels.He has a setup where he clips things to the
      pickups.Anyway ,nothing happened.He then tested further,rang me and
      asked if this is standard.This also explains the continued stalling on
      points.(turnouts? )
      Is this the same on everyones?.Before I strip them down I want to know
      if this is a fault,as they are still under warranty.
      Thanks
      Troy
    • Troy Betts
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6 9:52 AM
        --- In largescaleTrolley@yahoogroups.com, "Troy Betts" <troy@b...>
        wrote:
        > I'll take it that no-one else has one of these cars.Strange!

        > Hello everyone.My father has a question about the LGB trams.
        > He has the New York and the New Orleans cars (one of which has
        sound,I
        > can't remember which)
        > The problem is that they only seem to pick up power from two
        wheels on
        > each bogie! The problem came to light when he began to clean the
        > wheels.He has a setup where he clips things to the
        > pickups.Anyway ,nothing happened.He then tested further,rang me
        and
        > asked if this is standard.This also explains the continued
        stalling on
        > points.(turnouts? )
        > Is this the same on everyones?.Before I strip them down I want to
        know
        > if this is a fault,as they are still under warranty.
        > Thanks
        > Troy
      • Troy Betts
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6 9:54 AM
          I assume that no-one else owns these cars.Odd !
        • Jan Girardot
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6 1:36 PM
            At 4:54 PM +0000 4/6/05, Troy Betts wrote:
            >I assume that no-one else owns these cars.Odd !

            Hi, Troy;

            I have the N. O. car, but have zero problem with current collection.
            We run it as
            "standby" at our railroad museum, so it gets a fair amount of use;
            the outer loop
            of track is occupied by either a Rio Grande steam train or a Rio Grande diesel
            train and the trolley is on the inner loop. The outer loop requires
            thorough (brass)
            track cleaning every couple of days, while the trolley never
            hesitates, even through
            several of those marginal, short-radius Aristo switches.

            Rather than tinker with an in-warranty LGB product, I would contact LGB service
            for further guidance.

            . . . Jan