Re: IRM-July 4th

  • trolleycar68
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2004
      --- In largescaleTrolley@yahoogroups.com, "foxvalley2001"
      <FoxValley@a...> wrote:
      > Any chance of setting up a scheduled get-together at IRM this summer,
      > possibly on July 4th for the trolley parade ?
      >
      > I have it easy, I'm only 20-25 minutes away, others would have much
      > further to travel, but based on other posts I've seen here, a get-
      > together would be fun and a great exchange of ideas.

      I do not see a problem from the Museum standpoint, to do a repeat of
      the informal meet we had last year. We anticipate a large variety of
      equipment operating on its own power and on display. Just this week
      North Shore 160 operated for the first time in a few years following a
      wheel remanufacturing job. There is always some new to see whether an
      operating car or progress on any of the many other restoration projects.

      Bob Kutella
    • Gordon Davis
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2004
        What a fine idea. Unfortunately I am one who lives leagues away.
        Gordon
        > > Any chance of setting up a scheduled get-together at IRM this summer,
        > > possibly on July 4th for the trolley parade ?
        > >
        > > I have it easy, I'm only 20-25 minutes away, others would have much
        > > further to travel, but based on other posts I've seen here, a get-
        > > together would be fun and a great exchange of ideas.
        > >

        > I do not see a problem from the Museum standpoint, to do a repeat of
        > the informal meet we had last year. We anticipate a large variety of
        > equipment operating on its own power and on display. Just this week
        > North Shore 160 operated for the first time in a few years following a
        > wheel remanufacturing job. There is always some new to see whether an
        > operating car or progress on any of the many other restoration projects.
        >
        > Bob Kutella
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Bryan Anderson
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2004

          I am already planning on returning again. As I have said many
          times the day was far too short. If there is a meeting of minds I
          will bring something to run, otherwise I'll spend the day soaking it
          in and taking pictures and notes.
          I may even take a second day of rest and visit North Freedom.
          There is an M&St.L boxcar there I would very much like to see.
          Bryan Anderson
        • JohnN87774@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2004
            I'm in