new photo

  • Ray Webster
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 13, 2004
      Hi everyone,

      It's been quiet around here lately, so I thought I would post a
      new photo of the 960. This one is mine, and it's not quite finished.
      It still needs hand rails and the windows installed and some decals
      on the pilot. I will weather after that.

      Thanks

      Ray Webster
    • Gordon Davis
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 14, 2004
        Ray, I would like to include your steeple-cab model in one of my up-coming
        newsletters, ditto the prototype shot. Do I have your permission?
        BCER was certainly one grand system with lots of character and interesting
        services. I particularly like their style when it came to rolling stock.
        Gordon Davis
        PS check out our newsletter at:

        http://home.twcny.rr.com/gguagenews/
        > It's been quiet around here lately, so I thought I would post a
        > new photo of the 960. This one is mine, and it's not quite finished.
        > It still needs hand rails and the windows installed and some decals
        > on the pilot. I will weather after that.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Ray Webster
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Ray Webster
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 14, 2004
          Message

              Gordon,

              I have been asked this question by the maker of the decals ( modern rails) I will tell you the same thing I told him. The engine is not quite done. I would prefer if you waited a week or two until it is completed. I can send you some pics at that time.  I screwed up on the decals. The arrows are supposed to both go towards the same end of the engine. I got Rick to make them going to opposite ends. The new decal for the other side is in the mail and when it is here I will apply it and then finish the hand rails ect.
              Thanks

          Ray Webster

          >      It's been quiet around here lately, so I thought I would post a
          > new photo of the 960. This one is mine, and it's not quite finished.
          > It still needs hand rails and the windows installed and some decals
          > on the pilot. I will weather after that.
          >
          >    Thanks
          >
          > Ray Webster
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Gordon Davis
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 15, 2004
            Message
            Ray, I can be most patient as I have two months of newsletters running at the same time.  If it misses May it will appear in June.  Somewhere in my 'archives' I believe I have a movie of BCER that a friend gave me back in the dark ages.  What an interesting system.
            Gordon
                I have been asked this question by the maker of the decals ( modern rails) I will tell you the same thing I told him. The engine is not quite done. I would prefer if you waited a week or two until it is completed. I can send you some pics at that time.  I screwed up on the decals. The arrows are supposed to both go towards the same end of the engine. I got Rick to make them going to opposite ends. The new decal for the other side is in the mail and when it is here I will apply it and then finish the hand rails ect.
                Thanks

            Ray Webster

            >      It's been quiet around here lately, so I thought I would post a
            > new photo of the 960. This one is mine, and it's not quite finished.
            > It still needs hand rails and the windows installed and some decals
            > on the pilot. I will weather after that.
            >
            >    Thanks
            >
            > Ray Webster
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Ray Webster
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 15, 2004
              Message

                  Gordon,

                  Thanks for that. I grew up with my fathers BCER "O" gauge layout, which both he and it are still around. He has about 40 of the interurbans and a few electric locos, as well as many many pieces of rolling stock. So my main memory of BCER is of his models. However, I have a picture taken in 1977 that my father took. He took a picture of me taking a picture of the 960 and 961. I was 8.  I model once a week with him, and in this room is a picture of the 960 in service in the BC Hydro colors. About a year ago, I said to dad" I remember that engine. He didn't think I could, but after finding this pic of me with the engine......

                  So I thought I would model it. Word got out that I was doing it, and I ended up making 4.

                  If your movie includes interurbans, and happens to be of the Steveston line, Then you know the 1200 series wood cars. I am going to make one or two of these next ( probably this winter).

                  I will keep you up-dated....

              Ray Webster

              Ray, I can be most patient as I have two months of newsletters running at the same time.  If it misses May it will appear in June.  Somewhere in my 'archives' I believe I have a movie of BCER that a friend gave me back in the dark ages.  What an interesting system.
              Gordon
                  I have been asked this question by the maker of the decals ( modern rails) I will tell you the same thing I told him. The engine is not quite done. I would prefer if you waited a week or two until it is completed. I can send you some pics at that time.  I screwed up on the decals. The arrows are supposed to both go towards the same end of the engine. I got Rick to make them going to opposite ends. The new decal for the other side is in the mail and when it is here I will apply it and then finish the hand rails ect.
                  Thanks

              Ray Webster

              >      It's been quiet around here lately, so I thought I would post a
              > new photo of the 960. This one is mine, and it's not quite finished.
              > It still needs hand rails and the windows installed and some decals
              > on the pilot. I will weather after that.
              >
              >    Thanks
              >
              > Ray Webster
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              ---
              Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

              ---

            • Gordon Davis
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 16, 2004
                Message
                I envy your having such a great relationship and common interest with your father.  When you have any items that you might be interesting to our readership please pass them on.  While our newsletter is supposedly 'local' at least two Eastern Canadian clubs pass it on to their membership and we have some off-shore readers as well.  I'm certain that even those Ontarians would be interested in BCER.
                Best regards,
                Gordon

                Ray, I can be most patient as I have two months of newsletters running at the same time.  If it misses May it will appear in June.  Somewhere in my 'archives' I believe I have a movie of BCER that a friend gave me back in the dark ages.  What an interesting system.
                Gordon
                    I have been asked this question by the maker of the decals ( modern rails) I will tell you the same thing I told him. The engine is not quite done. I would prefer if you waited a week or two until it is completed. I can send you some pics at that time.  I screwed up on the decals. The arrows are supposed to both go towards the same end of the engine. I got Rick to make them going to opposite ends. The new decal for the other side is in the mail and when it is here I will apply it and then finish the hand rails ect.
                    Thanks

                Ray Webster

                >      It's been quiet around here lately, so I thought I would post a
                > new photo of the 960. This one is mine, and it's not quite finished.
                > It still needs hand rails and the windows installed and some decals
                > on the pilot. I will weather after that.
                >
                >    Thanks
                >
                > Ray Webster
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                ---
                Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

                ---

              • will yungk
                Message 7 of 8 , May 4, 2004
                  Posted some pics of the 800 series NOPSI car @ Ct Trolley museum.
                  The switch to the right of the controler, the whistle and its'
                  plumbing were added at the museum. The doors were manually operated,
                  to the right of the door lever just below the left corner of the
                  right window are 4 holes where the handbrake was mounted. The heater
                  to the right of the controlers were the only heat in the car
                  origionaaly. Will