Ohio River Railway

  • ohioriverrailway
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003
      Just added some pix of car 24, a single truck curve sider. May take
      some time to load, please be patient

      http://home.comcast.net/~ptm42/index.html

      The Bachmann bodies I "acquired" will get bashed into car 10 some
      year. Again working full time, so serious projects will be a while
      down the track. Isn't it a pity how work reduces the amount of
      leisure time available?

      Rick Hannegan
      General Superintendent
    • trolleycar68
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
        --- In largescaleTrolley@yahoogroups.com, "ohioriverrailway"
        <ptm42@c...> wrote:
        > Just added some pix of car 24, a single truck curve sider. May take
        > some time to load, please be patient
        >
        > http://home.comcast.net/~ptm42/index.html

        Rick,

        A very nice website and thanks for the kind words on my overhead wire
        article.

        The car 24 pics seem to create more qustions than they answer. The
        doors on only one side are 'typical' of a single ended car which would
        be wyed or looped to turn at the end of the line. But according to
        the pics, provision is for two trolley poles on the roof, headlights
        at both ends, and walkover seats which could be flipped for travel in
        the opposite direction.

        Maybe the real Ohio River only carried passengers in one direction and
        on the return run, they ran with the blind side for several miles to
        get back to the starting point. I wonder how many folks are stuck out
        there at the end of the line?

        By the way we have the carbody of such a single truck curvesider at
        IRM - originally from Knoxville, TN. So when you get to the model and
        need that elusive measurement, come on out for a visit to our site and
        if you let me know I would be happy to meet you and show you around.
        Or if it is something like a simple dimension I could always
        re-institute the Bryan Anderson Service and try to get the info for
        you. But please don't wait till it is -20 and snow up to our armpits.
        [As the doomsayers around here are warning about the upcoming winter.]

        Bob Kutella