"G" Model Tram

  • Jim Holland
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2000
      Greetings!

      Recently made an escape about 160 miles north up the CA coast to Fort
      Bragg - always a pleasant drive along the sea!
      What was of real interest is a store front window which had a
      "G"--Scale model trolley, single trucker, running back and forth, point
      to point, over about 8-feet of tangent track. The sales lady inside was
      quite miffed when I asked the weight of the tram but she thought it to
      be about 5-7 pounds.
      The car reversed automatically at each end and was delayed a moment in
      starting. The track was brass and was quite black on the unused end
      portions but quite bright where used. And each rail joint showed
      evidence of the weight with some pounding, flattening, and dipping
      evident! Talk about prototypical realism -- I was mightily
      impressed! It sounded good inside, too!

      James B. Holland

      Pittsburgh Railways Company (PRCo), 1940 -- 1950
      To e-mail privately, please click here: mailto:pghpcc@...
      N.M.R.A. Life member #2190; http://www.mcs.net:80/~weyand/nmra/