"O" Scale Girder Rail

  • Jim Holland
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 1999
      Greetings!

      This topic has come up on other mail lists - the lack of "O" scale girder
      rail for standard NMRA wheel and flanges (n-o-t finescale.)

      If you are interested in such rail--EMAIL ME DIRECTLY (OFF-LIST - just
      click on mailto:pghpcc@... to mail me off-list) with:::::::

      *"O" Girder Rail* as the subject and a message as follows:
      *Please ask Mr. Cross about producing "O" Scale girder rail
      to match his switch point-and-mate.*

      I shall print your letter and send it to him directly after I get a batch.

      This is my Halloween Gift to the group - get me the emails by Halloween
      and I shall send them out the beginning of November and let you know his reply -
      if he sends one! Forward this letter to other "O" Scale modellers who might be
      interested in this "O" Scale girder rail but who might not be on these lists and
      ask them to send me an email as well - the more emails we get the better the
      chance we can get the rail!

      Mr. Louis R. Cross took over the Gene LaVancil line of rail here and now
      produces a point and mate switch for "O" Scale streetcars / interurbans. Below
      is a little information I answered in response to other posts:

      Right-O'-Way
      Louis R. Cross
      23682 Road 15 3/4
      Chowchilla
      CA 93610
      1.209.665.1001

      This was formerly owned by Gene LaVancil in Los Angeles. Codes
      .148, .125, .100, and .081 are all available in both nickel silver (lead
      free) and steel. The code .125 NS was $43.00 and steel $24.00 on the 1995
      price list. I don't see anything about flex track.

      Louis also offers a point and mate set to match code .125 track for
      $18.00. He also offers a *Frog, Bolted-type* in #5,6,7,8 for code 125 and
      the switch points to match. He also has track superdetailing parts, rail
      joiners, and various sizes of Sugar Pine ties.

      I imagine if you send an SASE he will send you his price listing.

      James B. Holland
      Pittsburgh Railways Company (PRCo), June of 1949 -- June of 1953
      To e-mail *off-list,* please click here: mailto:pghpcc@...
      N.M.R.A. Life member #2190; http://www.mcs.net:80/~weyand/nmra/