Re: Introduction

  • Philip Roth
    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 1, 1999
      Mr. Jahn may make a valid point about the original subject line, etc., etc.,
      etc. But it's a shame that he stumbled on the spelling of key word in his note
      of concern. I believe that the correct spelling is "etiquette". ---P. Roth

      Bruce Jahn wrote:

      > From: Bruce Jahn <jahn1@...>
      >
      > Am I the only one who is still getting EVERY message sent to this list with
      > the original subject line? Reading the messages, I believe posters know
      > proper mail edequate and altering the subject line to reflect the topic is
      > pretty darn simple. So is there something wrong with my server, or is this
      > SOP on this list and a way to ensure everyone reads every message
      > regardless of interest? Bruce Jahn (needing to not read everything)

      > Ideas on how we can improve ONElist?
      > http://www.onelist.com
      > Check out the Suggestion Box feature on our new web site
    • John H. King
      Message 2 of 29 , Jan 12, 2004
        Hello All! I am John Henry King and I live in Bowie Maryland.

        I am interested in G-Gauge traction modeling and am intent on learning from
        the group as I plan a G-Gauge traction layout.

        Growing up in southern California my favorite prototype is the Pacific
        Electric.

        I don't currently have any trackage under wire.
      • John M Franzen
        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 13, 2004
          Welcome John Henry,

          With a name like yours, you must be a "steel driv`n man!" :>) Do you plan
          an indoor or outdoor layout? I have to think that building overhead would
          be a real challenge outside.

          John Franzen
          Oshkosh, WI

          > Hello All! I am John Henry King and I live in Bowie Maryland.
          >
          > I am interested in G-Gauge traction modeling and am intent on learning
          from
          > the group as I plan a G-Gauge traction layout.
          >
          > Growing up in southern California my favorite prototype is the Pacific
          > Electric.
          >
          > I don't currently have any trackage under wire.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • c.burnstein
          Message 4 of 29 , Jan 8, 2008
            Hi,
            Our moderator asked me to introduce myself as a new member of this group.
            I am Cliff Burnstein. I am a Chicago native, born and raised on the northwest side, so I did ride on the CSL Pullmans, MU cars (as in the LGB model), and Green Hornets. The Army took me to Viet Nam, while my wife returned to her native Louisville, and I have been in Louisville since 1969. I model HO traction, O scale traction, and 027 trains. My latest acquisition, still in the box, is the LGB CSL car. My favorite prototype company is the North Shore Line, favorite car is the Electroliner (of course), with the CSL Pullman a very close second. I don't run anything under operating wire, but may do so someday. I have over 700 feet of HO, O, and 027in my basement. Just too many toys, too little time. The LGB CSL car has led me into a new interest in G scale and I want to begin learning about this for my next layout. I'm pleased to be a new member.

          • Bob Kutella
            Message 5 of 29 , Jan 8, 2008
              --- In largescaleTrolley@yahoogroups.com, "c.burnstein"
              <c.burnstein@...> wrote:

              Welcome Cliff!! I sometimes pitch in as an apprentice moderator for
              the group to help speed up posting of messages. Yes it is a little
              more work for us, and you all may have to wait for the release of your
              messages. But please be patient as poorly considered comments on a
              public forum as this have caused major issues on other Yahoo groups or
              their demise.

              But back to your bio - sounds like you need to come up to IRM in Union
              IL this summer to visit most of your favorite prototypes, many of
              which are restored and operate. In past years a loosely knit group
              of LST'ers have met there on or about the 4th of July when over 30
              electric cars run in parade and review. We also bring large scale
              trolleys and other equipment (all is welcome) and set up outdoor
              portable loops and power supplies. We have some fun and the visitors
              and kids are all fascinated. See the PHOTOS section here for some
              idea of years past.

              Keep watching here as the dates become closer and plans can be made.
              This is an all volunteer 'meet' with no fees or registration, and with
              IRM providing the site.

              Welcome

              Bob Kutella
            • Dennis Paulson
              Message 6 of 29 , Jan 8, 2008
                <c.burnstein@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                > Our moderator asked me to introduce myself as a new member of this
                group.
                > I am Cliff Burnstein. I am a Chicago native, born and raised on
                the northwest side, so I did ride on the CSL Pullmans, MU cars (as
                in the LGB model), and Green Hornets. The Army took me to Viet Nam,
                while my wife returned to her native Louisville, and I have been in
                Louisville since 1969. I model HO traction, O scale traction, and
                027 trains. My latest acquisition, still in the box, is the LGB CSL
                car. My favorite prototype company is the North Shore Line, favorite
                car is the Electroliner (of course), with the CSL Pullman a very
                close second. I don't run anything under operating wire, but may do
                so someday. I have over 700 feet of HO, O, and 027in my basement.
                Just too many toys, too little time. The LGB CSL car has led me into
                a new interest in G scale and I want to begin learning about this
                for my next layout. I'm pleased to be a new member.

                Welcome Cliff , and there is lots of room outside to model in !
                Your wife may even like the small plants and other joys of outside
                railroading .
                Dennis

              • c.burnstein
                Message 7 of 29 , Jan 8, 2008
                  Hi Bob,
                  Thank you so much for taking the time to send me your welcome note. I have been a member of IRM for many years (and Fox River, CERA, etc), and try to make the activities when I can. You might recognize my eBay ID- csl144. I guess I was the first one to grab that!  I would love to be there when you set up the outdoor running in large scale. I will look forward to it. I'll check out the photo section asap. I'm glad to see that you are a member of this group and I see several of my long time traction friends are, too.
                  Regards,
                  Cliff

                  Message 8 of 29 , Jan 8, 2008
                    Re: [largescaleTrolley] Re: Introduction
                    At 11:01 AM -0500 1/8/08, c.burnstein wrote:
                    Hi Bob,
                    Thank you so much for taking the time to send me your welcome note. I have been a member of IRM for many years (and Fox River, CERA, etc), and try to make the activities when I can. You might recognize my eBay ID- csl144. I guess I was the first one to grab that!  I would love to be there when you set up the outdoor running in large scale. I will look forward to it. I'll check out the photo section asap. I'm glad to see that you are a member of this group and I see several of my long time traction friends are, too.
                    Regards,
                    Cliff

                    Hello, Cliff;

                    As the other Moderator of largescaleTrolley, welcome to our Group. Bob has covered the basics, and I note that you are also a member of our IndianaRailroadIRR Group, so hope that you will be a regular contributor to our Group.

                    Keep us posted as to your progress in getting that CSL car running under wire, okay?

                    Regards,

                    . . . Jan
                  • c.burnstein
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jan 8, 2008
                      Dennis,
                      Thanks for the note. As a matter of fact, I have been considering some form of outside activity since my indoor space is so limited. Using the deck sounds like a splendid idea (I hadn't thought of that until you mentioned plants).
                      Regards,
                      Cliff

                      Message 10 of 29 , Jan 8, 2008
                        Jan,
                        Thank you for the note. I will keep you posted. I do recall our message exchange regarding the IRR Scottsburg site and the car on display in the park.
                        Cliff