sleeve question

  • knittynoddy
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2005
      Hi! I started Lara a bit ago, and I'm working my way across the back.
      I'm using the DB AS, it is so soft.

      I've been thinking about the sleeves. I did the first one flat per
      the pattern. But I *hate* seaming - when I've done the knitting I
      want to wear it already!-) So, as I'm knitting away I was wondering
      if there is any reason why I couldn't or shouldn't knit the right
      sleeve circularly?

      Thanks!
      Evelyn
      www.knitty-noddy.com
    • McCurley
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2005
        Well, you'd have a seam down one sleeve and not the other. The seam
        would take up two stitches from the sleeve so you'd have to account for
        that if you were going to eliminate it on the other side. It would drive
        me crazy to not only feel the difference but see the difference in the
        two sleeves, so I wouldn't do it. Also, people's flat gauge and circular
        gauge usually differ because you don't purl for stockinette in the
        round. That might be noticible in the two sleeves, too. If I made
        another, I might consider doing both sleeves in the round, but I don't
        think working just one that way would be a good idea. JMHO

        Melisa