A simple web site/page to exibit languages discussed here

  • Mike Austin
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 2003
      I'd like to keep tabs on the languages people are working on here,
      and create a few pages of useful information and links. I've got
      basics on (in order of memory :) Io, Squirel, Bgb, Slate, Caper,
      OpenWO, VEND; and some on inactive(?) languages such as Cel and Brain.

      If you'd like to add you language to the list, just drop me an e-
      mail - your name, language name, status (planning, prototype, beta,
      etc.), a brief description, and the web site. The page(s) will be
      more or less informal, but professional looking -- I hate ugly
      sites! :)

      -- Mike
    • cr88192
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2003
        --- In langsmiths@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Austin" <mike_ekim@y...>
        wrote:
        > I'd like to keep tabs on the languages people are working on here,
        > and create a few pages of useful information and links. I've got
        > basics on (in order of memory :) Io, Squirel, Bgb, Slate, Caper,
        > OpenWO, VEND; and some on inactive(?) languages such as Cel and
        Brain.

        > If you'd like to add you language to the list, just drop me an e-
        > mail - your name, language name, status (planning, prototype, beta,
        > etc.), a brief description, and the web site. The page(s) will be
        > more or less informal, but professional looking -- I hate ugly
        > sites! :)

        yes, cool.

        however, I like my lang being called "LANG/BGB" (LB or LBs is also
        ok) though, since BGB, being my initials, is stuck on most things I
        create...

        oh yes, I recently wrote a compiler so this has given me a new path
        to try ideas on.
        it is interesting to be working in a mindset where I am not writing
        for a huge interpreted system trying to give all I might ever need,
        but instead being a bit closer to the metal and making direct use of
        c code.
        for example, I have been designing a new net subsystem, but this time
        the subsystem will be implemented by making use of a library of mine
        (pdlib), however pdlib will not be joined with my runtime (I am still
        deciding whether the net code should be more in c or lang/bgb...).

        net:
        this time will be layered. I am imagining a "simulated" ipc subsystem
        (a lot of udp over loopback, not knowing if anything better exists on
        windows...). I allready have this layer/protocol roughly designed.
        next I am imagining sending an extended form of xml-rpc over the
        links. type codes exist so I can later have different message types.

        yes, I know, not the most efficient approach. given the design it
        should be more extensible than my last attempt (or maybe it will be a
        big pile of sh*t...).

        I don't know...