Blogging with code samples

  • Chuck Esterbrook
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2007
      I've tried Blogger, but it strips the preceding whitespace from text
      which ruins indentation of code samples in a blog post.

      There's also no "digg" button for posts and maybe an RSS feed would be
      nice, too.

      But the munging of source code is the terrible offense. Does anyone
      have suggestions for a blogging site or software that doesn't have
      this problem in the first place or at least provides an easy
      workaround?

      -Chuck
    • Chris Double
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2007
        On 2/22/07, Chuck Esterbrook <Chuck.Esterbrook@...> wrote:
        > I've tried Blogger, but it strips the preceding whitespace from text
        > which ruins indentation of code samples in a blog post.

        The trick for this is to wrap it in a <pre> block. I edit my posts in
        raw HTML rather than the compose mode. But it's not the greatest
        software for code oriented blogs.

        Chris.
        --
        http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz