Hello everyone; new to the group...introductions

  • wfgilreath
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
      Hello all:

      I'm new to the group, I'm William Gilreath, and have created a
      programming language...I've written a language manual (about 200-page
      PDF doc) and the compiler I'm implementing...I'm at the semantic
      analysis phase of the compiler.

      I'd like to discuss this language (named Mynx) and programming
      languages overall, get other thoughts and ideas. I'll gladly share the
      language manual with interested persons...some areas are still in
      flux, I'm working out specifics of semantics.

      My eventual goal is to open-source the language and free documentation
      license the manual...the ultimate goal is to get the compiler working.

      I've been somewhat "working in the dark" so now pleased to find a
      Yahoo! group where I can discuss with others.

      Cheers,

      Will
    • Steve Dekorte
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
        On 1 Jun 2006, at 03:09 am, wfgilreath wrote:
        > I'm new to the group, I'm William Gilreath, and have created a
        > programming language...I've written a language manual (about 200-page
        > PDF doc) and the compiler I'm implementing...I'm at the semantic
        > analysis phase of the compiler.
        >
        > I'd like to discuss this language (named Mynx) and programming
        > languages overall, get other thoughts and ideas. I'll gladly share the
        > language manual with interested persons...some areas are still in
        > flux, I'm working out specifics of semantics.
        >
        > My eventual goal is to open-source the language and free documentation
        > license the manual...the ultimate goal is to get the compiler working.
        >
        > I've been somewhat "working in the dark" so now pleased to find a
        > Yahoo! group where I can discuss with others.

        Welcome William,

        You might get more input if your materials were available on a website.

        Cheers,
        -- Steve
        http://www.dekorte.com/
      • wfgilreath
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 11, 2006
          Hello Steve,

          I agree...I've been searching for a free web host, the one I'm using for my computer
          architecture book (www.caamp.info) limits file sizes...anyone recommend a good free web
          host. ??

          Will Gilreath
          will@...

          --- In langsmiths@yahoogroups.com, Steve Dekorte <steve@...> wrote:

          > On 1 Jun 2006, at 03:09 am, wfgilreath wrote:
          > > I'm new to the group, I'm William Gilreath, and have created a
          > > programming language...I've written a language manual (about 200-page
          > > PDF doc) and the compiler I'm implementing...I'm at the semantic
          > > analysis phase of the compiler.
          > >
          > > I'd like to discuss this language (named Mynx) and programming
          > > languages overall, get other thoughts and ideas. I'll gladly share the
          > > language manual with interested persons...some areas are still in
          > > flux, I'm working out specifics of semantics.
          > >
          > > My eventual goal is to open-source the language and free documentation
          > > license the manual...the ultimate goal is to get the compiler working.
          > >
          > > I've been somewhat "working in the dark" so now pleased to find a
          > > Yahoo! group where I can discuss with others.
          >
          > Welcome William,
          >
          > You might get more input if your materials were available on a website.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > -- Steve
          > http://www.dekorte.com/

        • Daniel Ehrenberg
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 11, 2006
            You could always use your own computer with dyndns (see dyndns.com).
            If you have a constant internet connection and your computer is almost
            always on, there are no limits on anything aside from your hardware.

            On 6/11/06, wfgilreath <wfgilreath@...> wrote:

            > Hello Steve,
            >
            > I agree...I've been searching for a free web host, the one I'm using for my computer
            > architecture book (www.caamp.info) limits file sizes...anyone recommend a good free web
            > host. ??
            >
            > Will Gilreath
            > will@...
            >

            > --- In langsmiths@yahoogroups.com, Steve Dekorte <steve@...> wrote:
            > >

            > > On 1 Jun 2006, at 03:09 am, wfgilreath wrote:
            > > > I'm new to the group, I'm William Gilreath, and have created a
            > > > programming language...I've written a language manual (about 200-page
            > > > PDF doc) and the compiler I'm implementing...I'm at the semantic
            > > > analysis phase of the compiler.
            > > >
            > > > I'd like to discuss this language (named Mynx) and programming
            > > > languages overall, get other thoughts and ideas. I'll gladly share the
            > > > language manual with interested persons...some areas are still in
            > > > flux, I'm working out specifics of semantics.
            > > >
            > > > My eventual goal is to open-source the language and free documentation
            > > > license the manual...the ultimate goal is to get the compiler working.
            > > >
            > > > I've been somewhat "working in the dark" so now pleased to find a
            > > > Yahoo! group where I can discuss with others.
            > >
            > > Welcome William,
            > >
            > > You might get more input if your materials were available on a website.
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > > -- Steve
            > > http://www.dekorte.com/

          • Steve Dekorte
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 12, 2006
              On 11 Jun 2006, at 02:25 pm, wfgilreath wrote:

              > Hello Steve,
              >
              > I agree...I've been searching for a free web host, the one I'm
              > using for my computer
              > architecture book (www.caamp.info) limits file sizes...anyone
              > recommend a good free web
              > host. ??

              I'd recommend getting a static IP for your broadband connection and
              running your own web server from your desktop machine.

              -- Steve
            • cr88192
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 13, 2006
                --- In langsmiths@yahoogroups.com, Steve Dekorte <steve@...> wrote:

                > On 11 Jun 2006, at 02:25 pm, wfgilreath wrote:
                >
                > > Hello Steve,
                > >
                > > I agree...I've been searching for a free web host, the one I'm
                > > using for my computer
                > > architecture book (www.caamp.info) limits file sizes...anyone
                > > recommend a good free web
                > > host. ??
                >
                > I'd recommend getting a static IP for your broadband connection
                and
                > running your own web server from your desktop machine.

                dynamic dns is another option, eg, www.dyndns.com or such...
                in my case, this part works, albeit I never got around to getting the
                server accessible outside the router (was having difficulty here,
                setting port forwarding in the router wasn't working for some unknown
                reason...).

                for open-source stuff, sourceforge may be an option as well.