Library/implementation for dynamic method selection

  • Sébastien Pierre
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2005
      Hello there,

      I was wondering if anybody had some pointers on implementations of
      dynamic method selection (which depend of course on a particular
      language). The fact is that I am interested in seeing the most
      efficient way to add dynamic method invocation to a language.

      -- Sébastien
    • Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2005
        Sébastien Pierre <sebastien-lists@...> writes:

        > I was wondering if anybody had some pointers on implementations of
        > dynamic method selection (which depend of course on a particular
        > language).

        http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/labs/oocsb/papers/TRCS95-05.html
        This is for Smalltalk.

        --
        __("< Marcin Kowalczyk
        \__/ qrczak@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10, 2005
          Try searching for "polymorphic inline cache". I think it's what you're
          looking for. I think it was due to research around Vortex but might
          have been before that.