langsmiths CD

  • Steve Dekorte
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hey All,

      I'd like to put together a CD to hand out at the BBQ containing the
      source and docs for all languages that the members of this list are
      working on.

      If you don't mind having your language on the CD, please send me a link
      to a web page or preferably a tar/gz or zip of your languange source
      and docs.

      Thanks!
      Steve
    • Brian T Rice
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2002
        Hi Steve,

        This is great! I would happily throw in a couple of extra bucks to make an
        extra dozen or so copies, for the lisp conference and OOPSLA (you never
        know who might want a demo or at least a snapshot).

        One detail: when would you need the snapshots by? I am currently doing a
        decent amount of fixing, adjustment, and extensions to my libraries and
        documentation to prepare to present my system at these conferences, so a
        target date would help out.

        Thanks :)
        ~

        On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Steve Dekorte wrote:

        > Hey All,
        >
        > I'd like to put together a CD to hand out at the BBQ containing the
        > source and docs for all languages that the members of this list are
        > working on.
        >
        > If you don't mind having your language on the CD, please send me a link
        > to a web page or preferably a tar/gz or zip of your languange source
        > and docs.
        >
        > Thanks!
        > Steve
      • Steve Dekorte
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2002
          On Wednesday, October 2, 2002, at 01:25 PM, Brian T Rice wrote:
          > This is great!

          :-)

          > I would happily throw in a couple of extra bucks to make an
          > extra dozen or so copies, for the lisp conference and OOPSLA (you never
          > know who might want a demo or at least a snapshot).

          Ok, I'll make an extra 20.

          > One detail: when would you need the snapshots by? I am currently doing
          > decent amount of fixing, adjustment, and extensions to my libraries and
          > documentation to prepare to present my system at these conferences, so
          > target date would help out.

          I'd like to get entries from everyone fairly soon but I'll hold off on
          burning the CDs until a few days before the BBQ. So if anyone sends me
          an update before then, I can replace their entry.

          Cheers,
          Steve
        • Ihsan Ali Al Darhi
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 13, 2002
            Hi...

            I will not benifit from this CD because it is for Linux and I am using
            Windows 2000.

            Mohammed
          • Brian T Rice
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 21, 2002
              Hi Steve,
              I have a full manual that I have been putting together, and we are
              cleaning up lots of code for the release. In advance, you can perform a
              checkout of the Slate CVS directory which will be essentially our offering
              for the CD. As for making it linux/x86-runnable, a copy of CLISP binaries
              in packaged form would probably be the most convenient thing to do.

              I can push everything to get done tomorrow or by Wednesday. Thanks!

              Brian
              ~

              On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Steve Dekorte wrote:

              > I'd like to get entries from everyone fairly soon but I'll hold off on
              > burning the CDs until a few days before the BBQ. So if anyone sends me
              > an update before then, I can replace their entry.
              >
              > Cheers,
              > Steve
            • Steve Dekorte
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 21, 2002
                On Monday, October 21, 2002, at 08:02 PM, Brian T Rice wrote:
                > I can push everything to get done tomorrow or by Wednesday. Thanks!

                Brian,

                Great! Can you send me an email directly when you have everything ready?

                Thanks,
                Steve
              • Steve Dekorte
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 21, 2002
                  Everyone,

                  So far the languages on the CD are:

                  bgb
                  Brain
                  Cel
                  FScript
                  Io
                  Poe
                  Slate

                  (and Self is in the featured language section along with a Self video)

                  Please email me if your language is missing.

                  Thanks,
                  Steve
                • Steve Dekorte
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 23, 2002
                    On Sunday, October 13, 2002, at 07:58 PM, Ihsan Ali Al Darhi wrote:
                    > I will not benifit from this CD because it is for Linux and I am using
                    > Windows 2000.

                    It should be readable on PCs. Also it's just the source and I think
                    most of the languages can be compiled and run on windows.

                    Cheers,
                    Steve