Instrument twitch

  • tobber11
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 1942
      Howdy,

      I have got a 320 that has a fickle static system. I get a jump in
      all the static instruments on a regular basis. I checked the tubing
      for security, and have narrowed the problem down to the
      heated "Shark Fin" Pitot/Static blade on the outboard left wing.
      How can I make the airflow around the static port more quiet?

      If any of you have the ports under the baggage compartment windows,
      as per the plans, please give me some feedback on how well that
      works, I am about to make the conversion.

      Thanks for any info in advance.

      Sincerely,

      Tim