paint

  • David Standish
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 4, 2004
      Anyone have a paint brand they really love? It will go over WLS
      system epoxy primer on my IV.

      David S.
    • powerplantsrus
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 16, 2004
        I am still in the let's-find-out-what's-out-there stage. I want to
        build/buy an ES that holds up well (minimal static build-up) in
        clouds.

        I stopped by the Aluma-grip booth at NBAA in Las Vegas this week and
        was impressed by their metalic finishes. I was told the paints would
        help carry away the static.

        I will be talking with them more this week.I didn't get much
        satisfaction out of their web site. Maybe you'll have more luck.
        http://www.texair.com/aircraftparts/Akzo%20Nobel%20Aerospace%
        20Coatings.asp

        --- In lancair@yahoogroups.com, "David Standish" <carbonflier@b...>
        wrote:

        > Anyone have a paint brand they really love? It will go over WLS
        > system epoxy primer on my IV.
        >
        > David S.
      • n584cx
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 31, 2004
          I went through lots of research and ended up with jetglo. It can be
          buffed out with excellent results.

          Dan S

          --- In lancair@yahoogroups.com, "David Standish" <carbonflier@b...> wrote:

          > Anyone have a paint brand they really love? It will go over WLS
          > system epoxy primer on my IV.
          >
          > David S.
        • Rob Huntington
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 1, 2004
            We would have to agree with Dan S, JetGlo has produced excellent paint jobs, particularly over WLS primer. If prepped properly, no or little buffing is necessary to have a nice paint job.

            Rob Huntington
            Phoenix Composites
            4863 E. Falcon Dr.
            Mesa, AZ 85215
            ph (480) 924-9750
            email robertodue2002@...

          • David Standish
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 9, 2004
              Is Jet Glo available retail to the individual, are there any special
              requirements as far as tools, environment, or personal protection?

              David S.

              --- In lancair@yahoogroups.com, Rob Huntington <robertodue2002@y...>