Re: [Lancair] Re: Camloc fasteners and cowling

  • Tony molle
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1 7:04 AM
      Hi Glenn,

      I do have the fixed length ones with solid base and am using an aluminum shim to make it so I end up using only one camloc length... well that didn't work out as planned ..... I have two camloc lengths.

      Did you use them all over the place (even around air intake holes up front)?

      -Tony

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1 7:45 AM
        Hey Tony,

        No worries - hey, you'll find many production aircraft with more than 1
        camloc length. It's nearly unavoidable. Most of mine are -6 with some
        exceptions (others are longer).

        I use them along the sides and up front I use lock plates and screws. I
        used #10 stainless on the front corner and #8 stainless around the inlets.
        Only 1 of each on either side. No issues to date.

        I was a bit skeptical of using screws for fear of the holes getting rounded
        out by vibration, but this has not been the case. I use carbion hinge
        across the top rear and lower rear of the cowling connections. that stuff
        really keeps the cowling in place.

        Glenn Long