Canopy motion

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2011
      Hi all,

      Got the canopy hinged and attached to gas springs/shocks last night and all functions quite well. My question is in respect to the movement that the canopy has when fully open.

      To explain: Let's say the canopy is open while I am sitting in the cockpit and I need to close it. I reach up and pull down on my side (left) of the canopy and there is a "twisting" motion on the rear of the canopy (the left comes down before the right due to my pulling on the left side). Is this normal?

      To clarify, it is hinged at the front solid and there is no twisting at all happening at the front (all support bids, etc all done correctly by previous builder). I am guessing the sway motion is happening at the back due to shear size of the aft canopy? Should it have no "sway" at all? Should I apply about 3-bid to the canopy to rollover aft transition area?

      Thanks in advance,
      -Anthony