Exhaust manifold wrap removed

  • Hans Petr
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010
      Hi all,
      I have now removed the exhaust wrap from the exhaust manifold about 5 inches from the the beginning to past the EGT sensor ( on the hottest place ) and left the rest on.
      My fuel flow normalised again to 10GPH in cruise , but my CHT temps went up from 400 F to 430 F , it is summer now and we are reaching temperatures of 90F Outside.
      I am thinking of cutting off a little of the bottom cowling , say about 1x4 inches and want to know if and how much would my CHT drop ?
      Does anyone have an idea ?
      Regards
      Hans

      dangerous content by Pinpoint, and is
      believed to be clean.
    • Lee Parker
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010
        I have been told that extending the lower cowl back past the firewall will increase your cooling.  I don't have a problem with cooling with my 320.  My lower cowling extends back about an inch past the firewall.

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010
          Thanks Lee , mine goes all the way to the nose gear door , does yours go further than that ?
          Regards
          Hans