Aerobatic capabilities of 320, 260 and Legacy

  • coryadams
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 14, 2003
      Can someone please provide the aerobatic capabilities of these Lancairs?

      Additionally I would like to hear of aerobatic experience from any owners.

      Thanks,

      Cory
    • C Adams
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 16, 2003
        No bites on this one?

        --- coryadams <coryadams@...> wrote:
        > Can someone please provide the aerobatic capabilities of these Lancairs?
        >
        > Additionally I would like to hear of aerobatic experience from any owners.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Cory

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • C Adams
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 17, 2003
          I'm looking for the basics; cuban 8s, loops, rolls, etc. and if I do a snap
          roll will the tail fall off kind of thing? What does the manufacturer
          recommend?

          The Glasair folks brag about the I RGs and their aerobatic capabilities...

          Thanks,

          Cory

          --- C Adams <coryadams@...> wrote:
          > No bites on this one?
          >

          > --- coryadams <coryadams@...> wrote:
          > > Can someone please provide the aerobatic capabilities of these Lancairs?
          > >
          > > Additionally I would like to hear of aerobatic experience from any owners.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Cory

          http://search.yahoo.com
        • Don Parsons
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 17, 2003
            Lancair does not recommend aerobatics. In the Lancair information video, they do have their demo Legacy perform a roll, but they also strongly discourage spins.

            If you want to talk to someone that may have done some degree of aerobatics in any Lancair, your most probable candidate would be test pilot Dave Morss. Contact information is on his website at http://www.ksql.com/myriad/contactinfo.htm. My guess is that he will tend to steer you away from aerobatics in a Lancair. You can also check out the LML achieves which you can find at
            http://www.lancaironline.net/maillist.html. Do a search in the online HTML version of the discussion achieves using the keyword "aerobatics". You will get a long list of posts.

            It is my understanding that a Glasair would likely be a better candidate if your intention is to do recreational aerobatics, but I am NOT ultimately qualified to say for sure.

            Don

            --- C Adams <coryadams@...> wrote:
            > No bites on this one?
            >

            > --- coryadams <coryadams@...> wrote:
            > > Can someone please provide the aerobatic capabilities of these Lancairs?
            > >
            > > Additionally I would like to hear of aerobatic experience from any owners.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > >
            > > Cory

            http://search.yahoo.com

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • krazydoc33
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 18, 2003
              --- In lancair@yahoogroups.com, "Don Parsons" <dap@d...> wrote:
              > Lancair does not recommend aerobatics. In the Lancair information
              video, they do have their demo Legacy perform a roll, but they also
              strongly discourage spins.

              > Hi,
              I own a Lancair 320, in the owners manual, from Lancair, listed
              under " Demonstrated Maneuvers " are the following:
              Chandelle
              Lazy Eight
              Stalls ( not whip stalls )
              Loops
              Aileron Rolls
              Barrel Rolls
              Split S
              With each maneuver is listed an entry speed and Max G's for that
              maneuver.
              Spins are not recomended.
              The major problem with aerobatics in a Lancair is the rapid speed
              build up. Without the correct control input it is easy to exceed the
              the air frame G limits.
              Regards
              Henry
            • Jorge Daniel Morales
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 18, 2003
                Talking about acrobatics, check out the latest issue of Sports Illustrated,
                in has an interesting article in aerobatics.

                For aerobatics, get the real thing and you wont have to worry about it,

                Cessna 150 Aerobat
                Citabria
                Pitts
                Extra
                Zlin
                Falco
                Sai Marchetti
                The Polish plane, can think of it right now.
                And the other one I forget the name (something) Eagle, a homebuilt, looks
                like the Pitts