Almost done - some questions

  • 2Plane
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2009
      Where do I get a battery box for a reasonable cost?

      The fuel tanks require placards for qty and type fuel - where do I get those or make them - from what quality type method?

      Using a O-235-L2C engine - can auto fuel be used?

      Aircraft data placard, is it builder first name first or last name first? How and where did you mount it to the aircraft? I hear this is a frequent problem.

      How do I balance the spinner assembly? How do I tell if it needs to be re-balanced?

      I'm not the builder but finishing the project for the builder who could not. So before you scratch your head and ask why I'm asking these questions - that is why. Thanks

      Rick
      N357HA
    • mikeeasley
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 13, 2009
        Rick,

        Here are some quick answers. Depending on what type of battery you have and where it is, you may not need a battery box.

        Here's a good place to start on the auto fuel thing...http://www.eaa.org/autofuel/autogas/stc_compliance.asp

        If the plane is still in primer, any external placards are temporary anyway, so just us a label maker and stick them on. A lot of guys get their gas caps engraved with the numbers, but I think better labels may prevent mis-fueling.

        I used the A/S dataplate and had it engraved at a local trophy shop. First name first. I attached it to the fuselage below the left side horizontal stab with SS pop rivets. I removed that dataplate for paint and got a nice Lancair one and it was attached with adhesive in the same spot. I threw the original dataplate in with the required paperwork pocket.

        When you get your propeller balanced by someone who has the equipment, they balance it with the spinner on. I've never had mine balanced, but other guys have had it done.

        Mike Easley
        Colorado Springs
        Super ES 260 hours

        In a message dated 12/13/09 08:28:43 Mountain Standard Time, joefish@... writes:

        Where do I get a battery box for a reasonable cost?

        The fuel tanks require placards for qty and type fuel - where do I get those or make them - from what quality type method?

        Using a O-235-L2C engine - can auto fuel be used?

        Aircraft data placard, is it builder first name first or last name first? How and where did you mount it to the aircraft? I hear this is a frequent problem.

        How do I balance the spinner assembly? How do I tell if it needs to be re-balanced?

        I'm not the builder but finishing the project for the builder who could not. So before you scratch your head and ask why I'm asking these questions - that is why. Thanks

        Rick
        N357HA

      • Gordon Porter
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13, 2009
          Rick... I have an extra Lancair battery box you can have for the shipping cost.

          It is for a 24v system...inside measurement is 7 3/4" by 8". 7" high.

          Gordon

          N144GP

          N144GP