360 wingtips

  • cdnpilot2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hello,

      Began fitting the wingtip and they don't seem to match. That is, the top piece seems to be wider than the bottom. Both left and right sets are the same and matched to my kit so I know nothing was "modified" by the previous builder. Is this normal? I am planning on attatching the bottom part and if I do so, it will require that I trim off about an inch (at the leading edge area ... less at the trailing edge) off the upper tip half. Is this correct?
      Also, what did you folks out there do about the trailing edge area of that wingtip in respect to how it is joined to the wing rib? Just hysol? Covered it up with 1 bid? I won't have any overhang at all as the aileron comes REEEEALLLY close to that rib?

      In passing that has got to be the worst moulding ever ..... it's like these halves were never meant to be together lol.

      Thanks in advance,
      -Anthony
    • Chris Zavatson
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
        Anthony,
        I highly recommend making the tips removable.  It helps with inspections, maintenance, painting, etc. especially if you've got extended fuel tanks.
        Chris

        N91CZ
        360std
        www.N91CZ.com