Fuel/Hydraulic Fuel lines

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2009
      Well, flipped the 320 upside down yesterday ... what a job!!! I had to remove all the gear legs. In doing so, I decided to remove the aluminum tubing (no choice in order to remove the main gear legs) and put in hoses instead (in the wing stubs). Reason being that it was next to impossible to remove the gear legs without doing some wild bending of the tubes to get them out of the way (previous builder installed the tubing). Although I hopefully won't have to ever remove the gear again after this, I feel making it easier JUST IN CASE would be a good thing. Step back in order to move forwards I guess.
      Can anyone tell me exactly WHAT I need to buy? Currently, hydraulics seem to be .25 and fuel .375 (based on what is printed on the tubing.
      Thanks in advance,
      -Anthony
    • Santa Barbara Executive Jet
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2009
        Use 1/4" 5052 Alum on all the Hydraulics, fuel and brake hardlines that require it.
        Use 3/8" 5052 on all fuel that requires that size line.

        I'd use flex hoses everywhere possible. More expensive but they tend not to leak at the fittings as much.  go to www.anplumbing.com and you can order premade or custom hoses for cheap. I used them a lot. They will put Aluminum or steel fittings on them for you if you tell them they are going in a Lancair.
        If you call them tell the owner of Lancairforce.com sent you.  They are advertising on my site.
        Bryan