Re: [Lancair] Controlling trim travel

  • mikeeasley
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
      Do any of these automotive motors have any provision for an indicator?

      Mike Easley
      Lancair ES
      Colorado Springs

      In a message dated 03/31/09 12:36:34 Mountain Daylight Time, craig@... writes:
      Hi Lee,

      Do you have a picture of those motors? I want to know what it looks like
      when I go to the junkyard.

      Craig

      From: galaxyone@... <mailto:galaxyone%40juno.com> <Galaxyone@...
      <mailto:Galaxyone%40juno.com> >
      To: lancair@yahoogroups.com <mailto:lancair%40yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 11:03 PM

      It's usually easier to replace the servo with one that has the travel that
      you want. The wires are two for the servo motor and the rest are for telling
      you where it is in it's range of travel.
      Henry

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
        Another quick comment, when I was looking at reducing trim travel on my ES, the guy at Ray Allen (could have been Ray Allen?) said the best way is to lengthen the control arm to reduce forces on the internal components of the servo. Unfortunately, on my ES the elevator trim tab came complete with the control arm buried inside the tab. The trim tabs on the ESs and IVs are not very solid and have significant play due to the short arm and the geometry of the servo-pushrod-control arm connections.

        Another mod I made to my ES was to add Safety Trim. It has a 3 second auto shut off, two speed trim based on airspeed, and a reversing switch.

        http://www.tcwtech.com/Safety-Trim%20Page.htm

        Mike Easley
        Super ES
        Colorado Springs

      • Lee Parker
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
          yes, two wires drive the motors and there are three wires for feedback.  I will take some pictures and send them to you. I also used the cables that were attached to the servos off the car because they were of such good quality.

          --- On Mon, 3/30/09, galaxyone@juno. com <mailto:galaxyone% 40juno.com>

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 22, 2009
            No, they are not the same. 9430 replaces the old EA-9410-2 glue. EA-9430 has the same characteristics as the EA-9410, but has a 50 minute pot life instead of the 30 minute pot life of the EA-9410 at 77°F.

            9360 has very high peel properties which is great. It's more elastic. Lancair (Kit Components, Inc.) no longer is carrying the 9360 line as they have switched back to 9394. This is rather ridiculous because the 9394 doesn't have as good of properties, with the exception of heat resistance, and it costs more than the 9360. It's also harder to work with.

            I have contact info for getting the 9360 if you need it.

            Hope this helps.

            Kris Anderson, Owner
            Precision Composites Technologies, LLC.
            5919 195th St. NE, #2