Re: [Lancair] High oil temps

  • Alex Mochkovsky
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2007
      Michael,

      The engine I am talking about is the Continental TSIO 550 E in the Lanacair IV.
      I will go to the forums and check what figures are getting other pilots.
      Best regards, Alex

      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2007
        All,
        For reference, the Lycoming oil pressure requirements:
        http://www.n91cz.com/Oil_pressure.jpg
        This is for the 360 series. I imagine the 320 is the same or similar. Lancair copied these values for the 320/360 POH.

        Chris Zavatson

        Alex Mochkovsky <alex@...> wrote:
[...]

        Alex Mochkovsky <alex@...> wrote:
        Dear friends,

        My engine is now 905 hours and running very stable with the oil pressure and temp in the green arc, 100 aviation oil.

        When it came from factory it was set higher than manual specs, so Charlie Kohler advise me to lower it a little.
        99 is to much for cold starting, it stresses the oil pump and its gears.

        60/65 is enough at start and a drop to 50 its normal at cruise speed and 180/205 degrees.

        Alejandro Mochkovsky