Planning a Lancair 360 Fuel System

  • holdenwaca
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2006
      Hello, everyone. I have a few questions concerning the fuel system
      on the 360. I plan on using 180 or 200 HP, but I don't want to use a
      header tank. I assume leaving this out will take about 10 gallons, or
      about an hour, of fuel away. How are you guys that nixed the header
      tank compensating for this? I've heard talk of people adding a
      baggage area there. Where is the door and how is it hinged? How much
      can be carried? At least 50 lbs. I would assume as long as it was at
      the same W & B station as the header...or at least averaged that way.
      Thanks!

      Will
    • Gregory Bruns
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2006
        I am putting a header tank back in. Unless your wings have baffle
        doors in the sumps, you must have a header tank! It is a safety
        feature anyway. If you have a forward tilt canopy, you need the
        pockets at the back of the tank for your hinge brackets.
        If you do have sumps with baffles, you still need what is the
        equivalant of the tank for structure. My tank will be removable.
        Greg Bruns
        Lancair 320 N420GB

        --- In lancair@yahoogroups.com, "holdenwaca" <holdenwaca@...> wrote:

        > Hello, everyone. I have a few questions concerning the fuel system
        > on the 360. I plan on using 180 or 200 HP, but I don't want to use a
        > header tank. I assume leaving this out will take about 10 gallons,
        or
        > about an hour, of fuel away. How are you guys that nixed the header
        > tank compensating for this? I've heard talk of people adding a
        > baggage area there. Where is the door and how is it hinged? How
        much
        > can be carried? At least 50 lbs. I would assume as long as it was at
        > the same W & B station as the header...or at least averaged that way.
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Will

      • Bobby Don Wooten
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2006
          I also am going to put my header tank back in on a 360. I would be
          interested in seeing how you are doing yours and making it removable. I
          have a forward hinge canopy. The previous builder did put in the baffle
          doors, however did not install the cross members in the tank, which I
          believe the are required structurally for the hinges. If possible could I
          see some pictures of the methodology you are using?

          _____

          --- In lancair@yahoogroups <mailto:lancair%40yahoogroups.com> .com,