Possible erratum in PE13:67

  • Ugo Truffelli
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2006
      In the transcription of the two samples of the first four lines in _sarati_ (R17) is written _luti-er_, which should be _lúti-er_ in both the horizontal and the veritcal text. In the _sarati_ the tehta for _u_ has not been used, but rather that associated with _ú_ in R17c (PE13:71). That makes the two texts accord with the published version of "Earendel", which has _lútier_.

      Ugo Truffelli
    • Arden R. Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2006
        Ugo Truffelli's post was forwarded to me for my feedback, but I must
        have unknowingly approved it without appending my comments.

        Ugo is quite correct, but this is old news. I noticed this error back
        in 2002, and it has been listed on the Parma Errata webpage since its
        inception:

        http://www.elvish.org/errata/Parma-Errata.pdf

        Arden R. Smith erilaz@...

        Perilme metto aimaktur perperienta.