New _Tengwestië_ article: "Intensifying Prefixes in the _Etymologies_" by Thorsten Renk

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2006
      I am very pleased to announce the publication of a new article in
      _Tengwestië_, the online journal of the Elvish Linguistic Fellowship:

      "Intensifying Prefixes in the _Etymologies_"

      by Thorsten Renk

      Abstract:

      "Two different types of intenisfying prefixes can be found for
      Noldorin forms in the Etymologies. One of them is the prefixed stem
      vowel, the other is an intensive prefix _a-(n-)_. The article
      discusses examples for both of these mechanisms and concludes with
      examples of the use of intensifying prefixes in post-Noldorin sources."

      The article can be reached from the _Tengwestië_ homepage at:

      <http://www.elvish.org/Tengwestie/>

      or directly at:

      <http://www.elvish.org/Tengwestie/articles/Renk/noldintenspref.phtml>

      A PDF version of the article is available at:

      <http://www.elvish.org/Tengwestie/articles/Renk/noldintenspref.pdf>

      (I'd like to thank Helios Rosario de Martinez for his generous
      assistance in tagging Thorsten's article for XHTML and the
      _Tengwestië_ CSS.)
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2006
        On Mar 6, 2006, at 6:48 PM, Carl F. Hostetter wrote:

        > (I'd like to thank Helios Rosario de Martinez for his generous
        > assistance in tagging Thorsten's article for XHTML and the
        > _Tengwestië_ CSS.)

        That should be Helios De Rosario Martinez, of course. (Sorry, Helios!)