Re: [Lambengolmor] _The Collected Vinyar Tengwar_ Vol. 4 available

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2005
      I have discovered a font-related problem in the first version of the
      _CVT_ vol. 4 (_not_ affecting vol. 5a). I have a work-around, and
      will release the corrected version later today. However, I notice
      that a few people have already ordered copies of the first version.
      If you ordered one of these copies, please contact me directly with
      your order number and your address, and I will have corrected
      replacement copies mailed to you at no charge.

      Carl
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2005
        The corrected version is now available for order.

        Those of you who ordered the first version: although the window to do
        so seems VERY tight indeed, it might be possible to cancel your order
        through your Lulu account. Please try to do so, and if successful
        simply place a new order, before you contact me with the replacement
        information.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 28, 2005
          If canceling your order (and then making a new order) is not an
          option, then on further reflection I would like to ask those of you
          who ordered a copy of the first, flawed version, to please wait and
          see what arrives before writing me (directly) for a replacement.
          Karyn has pointed out to me, quite correctly, that Lulu usually does
          not begin production of an order until a few days have lapsed, due to
          their production schedules. Therefore, it is possible that, since I
          have now replaced the production files with corrected versions, what
          you receive will have been made from the corrected files. (A quick
          way to tell will be to look at page 33 of issue 31 in the collection,
          under the entry _thorn_ 'eagle'. If in the third line of that entry
          you see "πoron" (i.e., with an initial Greek "pi" character) instead
          of "þoron" (i.e., with an initial Old English "thorn" character), you
          got the uncorrected version, and need to contact me for a replacement.

          Sorry for all the bother!

          Carl