_The Collected Vinyar Tengwar_ Vol. 4 available

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 26, 2005
      _The Collected Vinyar Tengwar_ Vol. 4 is now available

      Volume 4 of _The Collected Vinyar Tengwar_ collects issue 31–40, and
      is available for order on the E.L.F. Storefront at Lulu.com
      (<http://www.lulu.com/ELF/>) or from the Vinyar Tengwar Web Shop
      (<http://www.elvish.org/VT/shop.html>). Note that each volume is offered
      in two different bindings: Perfect (i.e. as a typical softcover book)
      and Coil (which allows the issue to open and lie flat, for ease of
      reference).

      (Once again, I am exceedingly grateful to E.L.F. member Karyn Traphagen
      for her hugely generous assitance in preparing these volumes for
      publication. Please send her your good thoughts and warm wishes!)

      =================Carl F. Hostetter Aelfwine@... http://
      www.elvish.org

      ho bios brachys, he de techne makre.
      Ars longa, vita brevis.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2005
        I have discovered a font-related problem in the first version of the
        _CVT_ vol. 4 (_not_ affecting vol. 5a). I have a work-around, and
        will release the corrected version later today. However, I notice
        that a few people have already ordered copies of the first version.
        If you ordered one of these copies, please contact me directly with
        your order number and your address, and I will have corrected
        replacement copies mailed to you at no charge.

        Carl
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 28, 2005
          The corrected version is now available for order.

          Those of you who ordered the first version: although the window to do
          so seems VERY tight indeed, it might be possible to cancel your order
          through your Lulu account. Please try to do so, and if successful
          simply place a new order, before you contact me with the replacement
          information.

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 28, 2005
            If canceling your order (and then making a new order) is not an
            option, then on further reflection I would like to ask those of you
            who ordered a copy of the first, flawed version, to please wait and
            see what arrives before writing me (directly) for a replacement.
            Karyn has pointed out to me, quite correctly, that Lulu usually does
            not begin production of an order until a few days have lapsed, due to
            their production schedules. Therefore, it is possible that, since I
            have now replaced the production files with corrected versions, what
            you receive will have been made from the corrected files. (A quick
            way to tell will be to look at page 33 of issue 31 in the collection,
            under the entry _thorn_ 'eagle'. If in the third line of that entry
            you see "πoron" (i.e., with an initial Greek "pi" character) instead
            of "þoron" (i.e., with an initial Old English "thorn" character), you
            got the uncorrected version, and need to contact me for a replacement.

            Sorry for all the bother!

            Carl