_A Tolkien Compass_ coming back in print

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2002
      _A Tolkien Compass_, a collection of essays edited by Jared Lobdell, is
      coming back in print later this year. Most notable for the Tolkienian
      linguist among the contents is Tolkien's own "Guide to names in _The Lord of
      the Rings_", which he prepared as a guide for translators of his works.
      These notes contain much valuable information on the nomenclature of
      Middle-earth, including Elvish names.

      The book can be pre-ordered from the publisher, Open Court, at:

      http://www.cricketmag.com/cgi-bin/cricket.cgi?tpl=store/itemtolkiencompass

      Or from Amazon.com at:

      Indispensable.

      | |