New _Tengwestië_ article: "The Noldorin Plurals in the _Etymologies_" by Bertrand Bellet

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2005
      Patrick Wynne and I are pleased to announce the publication of a new
      article in _Tengwestië_, the online journal of the Elvish Linguistic
      Fellowship (<http://www.elvish.org/Tengwestie/>):

      "The Noldorin Plurals in the _Etymologies_"

      by Bertrand Bellet

      This article list all plural forms of Noldorin nouns or adjectives
      found in the _Etymologies_, sorted according to their mode of
      formation: plurals by vowel affection, imparisyllabic plurals, class
      plurals, and the remaining rare kinds. The inventories are presented as
      tables or lists, with a discussion of the observed plural patterns and
      their possible origins.

      (We would like to extend our thanks to Helios De Rosario Martinez for
      formatting the article for publication on _Tengwestië_.)

      --

      ho bios brachys, he de techne makre.
      Ars longa, vita brevis.