_The Collected Vinyar Tengwar_, vol. 5a (issues 40-46)

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2005
      I am pleased to announce the availability of the first volume in _The
      Collected Vinyar Tengwar_, vol. 5a, collecting issues 40 through 46 (@
      $13.99 plus shipping). It is available in two formats, one
      perfect-bound and the other coil-bound (which will lie open flat, for
      ease of reference). You can order the volume in either format at:

      http://www.lulu.com/ELF

      Please note that as new issues of _VT_ follow, they will be added to
      revised, expanded versions of vol. 5a, until it is finalized as vol. 5
      with the inclusion of issue 49 upon its publication. So you may or may
      not want to hold off ordering this volume now, if you would prefer to
      have a single, complete, collected volume.

      The next volume, vol. 4, collecting issues 30-39, will be published
      (again in two different bindings) and announced here once Karyn
      Traphagen and I have finished converting the issues into the new
      format.

      ho bios brachys, he de techne makre.
      Ars longa, vita brevis.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16, 2005
        On further reflection, I've decided to alter the distribution of issues among the projected 5
        volumes of _The Collected Vinyar Tengwar_. The final version of each volume will contain:

        Vol. 1: Issues 1 - 10
        Vol. 2: Issues 11-20
        Vol. 3: Issues 21-30
        Vol. 4: Issues 31-40
        Vol. 5: Issues 41-50

        Note the this renders the current Vol. 5a, which currently collects issues 40-46, doubly
        provisional: When Vol. 4 is published, it will contain issue 40, so that issue will be
        removed from Vol. 5a (and thus from the eventual final version as Vol. 5). And as already
        announced, as issues 46-50 are published, they will be incorporated into revised,
        expanded versions of Vol. 5a, until it is completed as Vol. 5 with the publication and
        inclusion of issue 50.

        I would also like to note again that each volume in the series will be offered in both Perfect
        binding (i.e., as a typical paperback book) and in Coil binding (so that it will open and lie
        flat, for easier reference work). Both formats can be purchased from the E.L.F. Storefront at
        <http://www.lulu.com/ELF/> or from the _Vinyar Tengwar_ Web Shop at <http://
        www.elvish.org/VT/shop.html>.

        I would like to reiterate/clarify the point that issues 47-50 will be published and mailed by
        myself, on the subscription model, just as before. So, if you have a subscription through
        issue 50, you need do nothing different. Only with the publication of issue 51 will things
        switch to per-issue publication and ordering through Lulu.com (not me).

        Finally, I would like to note that I've restored the list of the contents of all issues of _Vinyar
        Tengwar_ to date, also on the _Vinyar Tengwar_ Web Shop <http://www.elvish.org/VT/
        shop.html>.

        Carl