Re: Errata for Parma Eldalamberon #15

  • Arden R. Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2004
      On Oct 23, 2004, at 9:28 AM, Emanuele Vicentini wrote:

      > In Parma Eldalamberon #15, page 121, we read for the <sh> rune in the
      > right column:
      >
      > "not used in _Hobbit_, _Sh_ in Farrer"
      >
      > but in the Farrer postcard the <sh> rune to me seems to be a mirrored
      > version of the <s> rune.

      It is also written as a mirrored s-rune in my analysis of the Farrer
      postcard, which I had right in front of me when I assembled the table
      that appears in _Parma Eldalamberon_ 15! I must have had a "senior
      moment" or whatever you want to call it. Mea maxima culpa.

      Arden R. Smith erilaz@...

      Perilme metto aimaktur perperienta.
      --Elvish proverb

    • lambendil
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
        I'd like to mention what seems to be a typo in PE15, in the "Index of
        Names for the Lay of the Children of Húrin". On p. 61, under note 9, it
        is said "When Tolkien emended _Nínin Udathriol_ >> _Nínen Unothradin_,
        in the typescipt version of the Lay... (III 21)". But the form _Nínen_
        does not occur in _The Lays of Beleriand_ (I have not found it in the
        index of names) and it seems to be a mere typo for _Nínin_.

        Sébastien

        [So it seems to me. CFH]
      • varavilindo
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 23 12:04 AM
          Erratum for PE15 (p. 42):

          "The implication is that the forms _sit_ and _sinte_ in Table D, ..."

          The forms _sit_ and _sinte_ are actually found in Table A.

          Philipp Marquart