Errata for Parma Eldalambero #15

  • Emanuele Vicentini
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2004
      Greetings,

      In Parma Eldalamberon #15, page 121, we read for the <sh> rune in the
      right column:

      "not used in _Hobbit_, _Sh_ in Farrer"

      but in the Farrer postcard the <sh> rune to me seems to be a mirrored
      version of the <s> rune.

      --

      Saluti,
      Emanuele.

      [It looks that way to me as well. Thanks for catching the error. -- PHW]
    • Arden R. Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2004
        On Oct 23, 2004, at 9:28 AM, Emanuele Vicentini wrote:

        > In Parma Eldalamberon #15, page 121, we read for the <sh> rune in the
        > right column:
        >
        > "not used in _Hobbit_, _Sh_ in Farrer"
        >
        > but in the Farrer postcard the <sh> rune to me seems to be a mirrored
        > version of the <s> rune.

        It is also written as a mirrored s-rune in my analysis of the Farrer
        postcard, which I had right in front of me when I assembled the table
        that appears in _Parma Eldalamberon_ 15! I must have had a "senior
        moment" or whatever you want to call it. Mea maxima culpa.

        Arden R. Smith erilaz@...

        Perilme metto aimaktur perperienta.
        --Elvish proverb

      • lambendil
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
          I'd like to mention what seems to be a typo in PE15, in the "Index of
          Names for the Lay of the Children of Húrin". On p. 61, under note 9, it
          is said "When Tolkien emended _Nínin Udathriol_ >> _Nínen Unothradin_,
          in the typescipt version of the Lay... (III 21)". But the form _Nínen_
          does not occur in _The Lays of Beleriand_ (I have not found it in the
          index of names) and it seems to be a mere typo for _Nínin_.

          Sébastien

          [So it seems to me. CFH]
        • varavilindo
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 23, 2006
            Erratum for PE15 (p. 42):

            "The implication is that the forms _sit_ and _sinte_ in Table D, ..."

            The forms _sit_ and _sinte_ are actually found in Table A.

            Philipp Marquart