New _Tengwestië_ article: "The Goldogrin Past Tense" by Patrick H. Wynne

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 6:38 AM
      I am very pleased to announce the publication of a new article, "The
      Goldogrin Past Tense" by Patrick H. Wynne, in _Tengwestië_, the online
      journal of the Elvish Linguistic Fellowship:

      http://www.elvish.org/Tengwestie

      Pat's article is a descriptive and formal analysis of the extensive
      evidence for the past-tense verb of Goldogrin, demonstrating the
      richness and cohesiveness of the system and the principal aesthetic
      themes that would appear throughout Tolkien's lifelong expression of
      his linguistic taste in the development of his art-languages.

      A few words about system requirements for the _Tengwestië_ site: First,
      due to the exceptionally poor support for Web standards in Internet
      Explorer for Windows, the site will not display at all properly in that
      browser. Please use another, more standards-compliant browser for
      Windows, such as Firefox (<http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/>)
      or Netscape to view this site. Second, it is recommended that you
      download and install the free Gentium font
      (<http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id==nrsi&item_id==Gentium>),
      upon which this site relies for the more uncommon linguistic glyphs. For
      more information on system requirements for the site, see:
      http://www.elvish.org/Tengwestie/requirements.phtml

      In addition to the Web version, this article is also offered in PDF
      format, which you can download at:

      http://www.elvish.org/Tengwestie/articles/Wynne/goldpat.pdf

      Comments of a scholarly and linguistic nature on this and any other
      _Tengwestië_ article are welcome at the Lambengolmor list:

      Suitable submissions to _Tengwestië_ are always sought and welcome; for
      complete submission guidelines, see:

      http://www.elvish.org/Tengwestie/submissions.phtml

      Enjoy!

      Carl