VT erratum: VT36:19 _enda_ >>_endo_

  • Javier Lorenzo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2004
      There is what looks like a misprint in "The _Entu_, _Ensi_, _Enta_
      Declension. A Preliminary Analysis" by Christopher Gilson with an
      Introduction by Carl F. Hostetter, as published in _Vinyar Tengwar_
      #36. At the beginning of the last paragraph on page 19 we read:

      "* _Genitive_:-- The fourth row of the singular has _enton_, _enten_,
      _entan_, _enda_."

      But according to the manuscript reproduction on the cover and the
      transcription presented on page 8, the fourth form of the fourth row
      is _endo_ instead of _enda_. The latter is indeed found in the third
      row of forms.

      Javier Lorenzo

      [This is indeed a typo. My thanks to Javier for noticing this and
      pointing it out! CFH]