Revisions to "The Past-Tense Verb in the Noldorin of the _Etymologies_"

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2004
      I have made a number of revisions to my article my article on "The
      Past-Tense Verb in the Noldorin of the Etymologies" in _Tengwestië_
      (<http://www.elvish.org/Tengwestie/articles/Hostetter/noldpat.phtml>).
      Chiefly, I have revised the wording to explicitly distinguish basic and
      derived _verbs_ from basic and derived _stems_ (the later being the
      more precise basis of the various past-tense verb formations of the
      categorization).

      My thanks to Pavel Iosad for his recent post touching on this
      classification, which reminded me of the necessity to make this
      distinction explicit and rigorously observed.

      Carl

      ho bios brachys, he de techne makre.
      Ars longa, vita brevis.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2004
        I have made some revisions to my _Tengwestie_ article, "The Past-Tense
        Verb in the Noldorin of the _Etymologies_", incorporating Helge
        Fauskanger's recent suggestion concerning †_eglant_/_eglent_ (see
        Lamebngolmor message 728
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lambengolmor/message/728>):