the analysis of the _Atalante_ fragments revised

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2003
      [cross-posted to elfling, lambengolmor and tolklang]

      I would like to inform you that I have revised my analysis
      of the so-called _Atalante_ fragments. There were some
      things to be corrected, I tried to weed out all typos and
      the like. The analysis itself was not drastically changed.
      Most changes can be found in the _nahamna_ entry. There
      was a discussion on the form on the lambengolmor list soon
      after the analysis was published. I tried to work out the
      listmembers' comments.

      I would like to thank to Helge Fauskanger who sent me comments
      to the analysis. I found them interesting and important, so I
      tried to incorporate them as well. One of his comments was a
      suggestion that there might be a color reproduction of the
      Lowdham's fragment in the hardback edition of _Sauron Defeated_
      -- the paperback edition that I and Helge possess contains only
      a black-and-white photocopy. For that reason I would also like
      to thank to Carl Hostetter who sent me a description of the
      color reproduction.

      For more details on the revised version see my note at the
      end of the Preface of the analysis.
      http://www.elvish.org/elm/atalante.zip [*]

      [*] This time I was almost literally forced to pack the file.
      The original .doc document had cca. 600 kB. I wanted to save
      it as .rtf using ms word 2002 (interestingly enough, this did
      not happen on my old computer where I used an older version of
      ms word) but I was surprised to see the output file being twice
      as big as the original (ca. 1200 kb), which was rather a big
      file to download. I decided to zip it up and now the packed
      file has ca. 130 kB. Nevertheless, I would prefer an .rtf file
      instead. If one can give me advise, I would be thankful. Let
      me know offlist: ales dot bican at softhome dot net

      Ales Bican

      ps. Let me say that there are other updates on the elm
      (http://www.elvish.org/elm) site, such as a few new names
      added to the Lapseparma or new additions to the list of
      Elvish compositions all around the web (my thanks to
      EarrĂ¡me).