Re: sources of Quenya

  • Lord_Bergen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8 10:38 AM
      Well I don't know much about the language, but Tolkien
      used the language from Karelia (at the border between
      Finland and Russia) as a source of inspiration.

      Good luck.

      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      [NOTA BENE:

      In keeping with the scholarly focus and standards of
      Lambengolmor, I'm requesting that further simple replies
      of this type -- "Tolkien used/was influenced by X" -- be
      sent to Catherine Laurie off-list.

      However, more detailed replies, actually _demonstrating_
      specific influences of real-world languages on Quenya
      by citation and comparison of Quenya and "real" words and
      devices, will be welcomed on the list.

      -- Patrick H. Wynne]