Re: [Lambengolmor] Rohirian

  • Arden R. Smith
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 25 8:36 PM
      I wonder who first used the term "Rohirric." To the best of my
      knowledge, the earliest attestation is in "The One Inconsistency in
      LotR" by Robert Foster, _Parma Eldalamberon_ #1 (Autumn 1971), p. 9.

      Arden R. Smith erilaz@...

      --Lewis Carroll,
      _Through the Looking-glass_
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 5, 2002
        Carl F. Hostetter wrote:

        > I'm not sure what the proper representation of a palatalized l is in
        > the IPA, but it is apparently not the turned y. Thanks for clarifying
        > the matter.

        **I think it would be an _l_ with a small superscript _j_. Similarly,
        labialization would be represented with a superscript _w_ and
        aspiration with a superscript _h_.

        Mi dissero che a quell'epoca per quindici giorni e quindici notti