Re: _úcarindor_

  • Erestel
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 8 4:30 AM
      > 189 / Patrick : _úcarer_ in and of itself appears to be an
      anomalous form; if it is a pa.t., then we should expect _úcárer_

      > 190 / David : Are you sure it would be _úcárer_ with two long
      vowels following each other ?

      > 190 / Carl : As I've already pointed out in this thread, the word
      _únótime_ (Galadriel's Lamaent) shows that there is no phonological
      prohibition against two long vowels in adjoining syllables.

      I don't know wether _*úcárer_ would be possible or not ; I just
      wonder if _únótime_ example is sufficient to validate _*úcárer_ ;
      Indeed there are 4 syllables in _únótime_ so that the pronunciation
      might be more evident than in _*úcárer_ (?)...

      Jérôme